The best thing about o APR credit cards is that they offer a 0% Annual Percentage Rate of interest for the introductory period. This interest rate is provided anywhere from 6 to 18 months or even more than that from the date when the card account is opened, as per the credit card company and its different offers. Moreover, the 0% APR can be applicable to balance transfers, new purchases, or both of them.
O APR credit cards are great when you have to consolidate existing debt or pay off a huge purchase. Such cards can act as lifesavers, especially when you plan to buy something expensive or are involved in a credit card debt. In fact, some of the credit cards offer 0% APR for more than a year, so that credit card holders can pay down their debts.
Therefore, in order to help you out, we have jotted down a list of the best o APR credit cards, which you can opt for if you are looking for cards that offer Annual Percentage Rate of 0%. These credit cards are the best, when it comes to rewards, waived fees, and much more. You can either apply online for them or visit the nearest local branch of the credit card provider.
Top 0 APR credit cards
The Chase Slate is one of the best credit cards in the 0% APR category. It is also named as the “Best Credit Card for Balance Transfers” for three years consecutively by the MONEY Magazine. Let us look at what the Chase Slate credit card has in store for us.
- $0 introductory balance transfer fees for transfers that are made within the initial 60 days of opening your account. This makes it easier for you to reduce your debt, as many other balance transfer credit cards charge a 3% to 5% fee on transferring your balance, thus making balance transfers quite expensive. Moreover, no other credit card offers both a long period of 0% APR and a $0 balance transfer fees
- Free monthly Credit Dashboard and FICO Score
- Introductory APR: 0% introductory APR for the first 15 months on balance transfers as well as purchases. This makes it easy for you to eliminate your credit card debt and simultaneously pay off big expenses
- Annual fee: $0
- No penalty APR: It does not have any penalty APR, which means if you pay late, your credit card APR would not increase. However, there are some terms and conditions and account pricing that applies to this scheme. It can also affect your credit score
- The Chase Slate requires good or excellent credit score, which means people who have a bad or average credit score cannot go for it
- No rewards, which is why it is not good for daily purchases
- Foreign transaction fees: 3%; does not make it ideal for overseas travelling
- Regular APR: Variable; varies between 13.24%-23.24%
- Cash advance APR: 25.24%
- You cannot transfer balances over $15,000
- You cannot transfer your balance from one Chase credit card to another. This means you can benefit from the 0% Chase balance transfer offer only when you have debt on a different issuer’s credit card
The Chase Freedom credit card is good for its ongoing rewards program with a nice sign-up bonus.
- Sign-up bonus: You earn an amazing sign-up bonus of $150 when you spend $500 on purchases within the initial 3 months of opening your credit card account. Plus, you also earn a bonus of $25 after you purchase in the initial 3 month period and add your first authorized user
- Introductory APR: 0% for first 15 months of account opening on balance transfers and purchases, which means you can eliminate your credit card debt quicker
- Annual fee: $0
- Rewards: You receive 5% cash back in bonus categories after you spend up to $1500 on purchases in 3 months and 1% automatic cash back on other purchases. Plus, you also get new 5% categories after every 3 months, such as restaurants, select grocery stores, gas stations, etc.
- No expiration date of cash back rewards till your credit card account is active
- Qualifies with a good credit
- Regular APR: Variable; varies between 14.24-23.24%
- You have to pay $5 or 3%, the one that is greater, in order to transfer your balance from a non-Chase card. And, if you carry a balance on your Chase credit card, then you will probably need to opt for a better balance transfer offer
- Foreign transaction fees: 3%
- Rotating bonus categories are not good enough to be tracked; instead a rewards or cash back credit card with a flat-rate is better
Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card
This is a nice credit card for frequent travelers. The Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card has something for everyone. With it, you get free airline miles as a one-time bonus.
- Sign-up Bonus: You receive 20,000 miles (which equals $200 in travel) after spending $1,000 on purchases in the initial 3 months of your account opening
- Rewards: You earn unlimited 1.25 miles for every dollar that you spend on a single purchase, daily
- Annual fee: $0
- Foreign transaction fees: 0%
- Introductory APR: 0% APR on purchases till February 2017
- Stay at a hotel of your choice and fly any airline, anytime
- Unlimited miles earning
- No expiry date for earned miles
- No blackout dates travel
- You need good to excellent credit to apply for this credit card
- Regular APR: Variable; varies between 12.24%-22.24%
So, choose the o APR credit card that suits you the most.