Travel credit cards are gaining more and more popularity nowadays. With many people opting for travel credit cards, this industry of credit cards is booming and many card issuers are offering their own travel credit cards. These cards are perfect for people who like travelling and are frequent travelers. No matter to which place they go on a trip, these cards offer some great benefits and perks, such as airline miles, airfare, hotel stays, and general travel.
Moreover, travel credit cards act as travel money maximiser, with their lucrative bonuses, lots of reward points, and superb options to redeem these points for maximum value. So, let us look at some of the best travel credit cards that you can opt for, if you like travelling.
Top travel money maximiser credit cards
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is one of the best travel credit cards available in the market, as it offers a lot of reward points on airline miles. If you are a frequent traveler, travel abroad most of the times, and are a great foodie, then this credit card must surely be in your wallet. In fact, for its amazing rewards, the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is given the title of the ‘Best Credit Card’ for Travel Rewards by the MONEY Magazine.
- Sign up bonus: When you apply for this credit card, you get a sign up bonus of 50000 bonus points after you spend $4000 on purchases in the initial 90 days of opening your card account, which is equal to $625 in travel. You can also earn an additional 5,000 bonus points after you make a purchase and add the first authorized user within the first 90 days of your account opening
- The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 2 reward points on dining at restaurants and travel, along with 1 reward point on every dollar that you spend on all other purchases
- You can easily transfer your reward points on a 1:1 basis to the leading travel programs of various hotel and airline partners of Chase, including United, Ritz-Carlton, Southwest, Korean Air, British Airways, Marriott, Hyatt, etc.
- If you redeem your reward points by making your travel bookings through the Chase Ultimate Rewards program, then you earn 25% more
- Foreign transaction fees: $0
- Equipped with the chip-enabled technology for wider acceptance and enhanced security
- Premium purchase and travel protection benefits, such as Trip Interruption Insurance or Trip Cancellation, Purchase Protection, and Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Annual fees: Introductory annual fees of $0 for the first year and thereafter $95
Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard
The Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard is a nice travel money maximiser credit card for fixed-value and flat-rate rewards. If you do not want to be tied to a specific airline or hotel chain, then this credit card is ideal for you.
- Sign up bonus: You receive 40000 bonus miles after spending $3000 or above on purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account
- You earn 2 miles on every dollar that you spend on all purchases, without any special caveats or categories
- Earn 5% miles back every time you redeem your points
- You can use your reward points to book with any hotel chain or airline, including discount vacation sites such as Expedia
- You can easily redeem your reward points for one cent per point in the form of a travel statement credit, which means if you earn 40000 reward points with this card, then you get travel credit of $400. You can also redeem your reward points for merchandise and gift cards for half-cent per point
- Foreign transaction fees: $0
- Annual fees: $89, which is waived for the first year
- Balance transfer fees: 3% of the transferred amount
- Equipped with the chip card technology, thus making your transactions more secure at chip-enabled terminals
- APR: Introductory APR of 0% for 12 months on balance transfers that are made within 45 days of your account opening. Then, a variable APR between 16.24% and 20.24% is charged, according to your creditworthiness
- Free access to your online FICO credit scores
BankAmericard Travel Rewards Credit Card
The BankAmericard Travel Rewards Credit Card is one of the best travel money maximiser cards, as it does not charge any annual fees.
- Sign up bonus: With this credit card, you can earn 20000 bonus points after spending a minimum of $1000 on purchases within the first 3 months of opening your credit card account, which is equal to $200 in your travel statement credit
- Earn unlimited 1.5 reward points on every dollar on your all purchases
- You also earn an additional 1.5 reward points on every dollar that you spend on the first $6000 on airline purchases that are made through the Travel Center of Bank of America in every calendar year. Apart from this, you can earn 3 points on every dollar that you spend through the Travel Center, without any limitations, including car rentals and hotel stays
- There is no specific websites to redeem your reward points, no restrictions, point expiration date, or blackout dates on this card
- If you have an active savings or checking account at the Bank of America or if you are a client of the Merrill Lynch, you receive an extra 10% customer bonus points on your every purchase. And, if you are a client of the Preferred Rewards program, then you can increase this bonus to 25%, 50%, or 75%
- You can redeem your reward points in the form of a travel statement credit for flights, vacation packages, hotels, cruises, baggage fees, and rental cars
- Annual fees: $0
- Foreign transaction fees: $0
- This card is equipped with the chip technology for enhanced protection and security at chip-enabled terminals
- APR: Introductory APR of 0% for 12 billing cycles on purchases and thereafter a variable APR between 15.24% and 23.24% is charged
- You can pair this card with the BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card in order to maximize your rewards on grocery store and gas purchases.
So, choose the best travel money maximiser credit card and enjoy travelling abroad.