USAA is a financial company that began operating in 1992 as United States Army Automobile Association. Today, this popular firm offers different financial products to over 11 million members across the world. And, because military members cannot frequently access the various brick-and-mortar locations of an insurance firm, USAA does not have any brick-and-mortar location. It operates through telephone and online and has become a leader in providing world class customer services and functions.
USAA members who bank through this company receive a lot of convenient benefits, like use any ATM, ATM fee refunded or waived, no or low cost accounts, etc. Apart from these, USAA members also enjoy access to special rates for purchasing and financing cars, in addition to car storage discounts. USAA provides different types of auto coverage to its members for different vehicles, including:
- Personal auto or Business auto
- Motorcycles and scooters
- Boats or jet skis
- Motor homes
- Driving as tourist in Mexico
- Antique and collector automobiles
- Rideshare (in some states)
- Aviation vehicles
Besides auto insurance, USAA also offers these additional policies:
- Life insurance
- Valuable Personal Property
- Rental Property
- Flood Insurance
- Umbrella Insurance
- Small Business insurance
Consider USAA car insurance
USAA is a nice insurance firm, as it provides low and competitive insurance rates to military force members and their families. It has the best quotes for this type of community and has won great reviews from other companies as well as its policyholders. In fact, it is the best auto insurance firm for military members.
Membership and eligibility for USAA car insurance
In order to get USAA auto insurance, you must fulfill some requirements. This includes that as a prospective policyholder, you must be associated with the military, in different ways like:
- Retired, honorably separated, or active members of the armed forces
- Candidates in commissioning programs like Officer Training or Candidate School, ROTC, etc.
- Adult children of USAA members
- Un-remarried former spouses, widows, and widowers of USAA members
- Midshipmen and cadets at U.S. service academies
USAA car insurance policy holders get competitive rates and coverage, in addition to discounts in acknowledge of the services of armed forces. Moreover, a 15 per cent discount is offered to drivers who store their car(s) in a military base. This comprehensive coverage is provided in most of the states.
The Community of USAA
USAA is much more than an insurance company. It offers a range of benefits to military individuals and their families. Among these, one of the best features of this firm is that it creates and nurtures a specific community that is of military personnel and their families. If a person takes an insurance policy, then he becomes a member of that company. You can see that on the website of USAA, there are various community forums that support military veterans as well as spouses.
Also, its members can ask questions from USAA financial planning experts, who have quite a lot of experience in advising military members. Apart from this, USAA members can also access several other financial products and services, which are created by USAA by keeping military individuals in mind. Its offerings include home, property, health, as well as life insurance. USAA also has solutions for long-term care and retirement planning for military personnel. USAA members can also access the banking services of this financial firm, including saving, investing, and checking products.
USAA claims procedure
Customers of USAA have appreciated the claims procedure of this company very much. In fact, it has one of the best insurance claims procedures in the industry; especially its claim settlement fairness and its appraisal process are the industry leaders.
Besides this, the company’s customer service has won accolades by its members and resulted in accumulating a lot of customers for itself. Also, USAA is a non-public firm. Therefore, it only focuses on the happiness of its policyholders by providing them with considerate customer service and timely claims. You can file a claim with USAA for USAA car insurance by following the below mentioned steps:
- Dial 800-531-8722 from your phone
- Press 0
- Then press 1 for insurance
- And press 2 for auto
USAA car insurance discounts
USAA auto insurance members can benefit from a range of discounts, including:
- Multi-policy: In this, you get a discount, if you take over one policy type from the same insurance provider.
- Academic achievement: Full-time students who fulfill certain academic criteria receive discounts.
- Safe driver or clean record: You get discount for no traffic violations or accidents, which is generally for 3 or 5 years.
- Multi-vehicle: You can also get discounts on 2 or more motor vehicles on the same auto insurance policy.
- Defensive driver: You can get discount on an approved driver improvement or defensive driving class.
- You must note that all of these discounts are offered to all customers in all states. Also, their eligibility and details can vary.
The percentage for different types of discounts on USAA auto insurance is as follows:
- Airbag or seatbelt Discount: 6% to 9%
- Driver Training: 5%
- Anti-Theft Devices: 25%
- Car Storage on Military Base: 1% to 24%
- Low Annual Mileage Driven: 15% comprehensive insurance
- Student away at school: 20%
- Multiple cars on one policy: 13%
- Exceptional and cooperative customer service
- Very reasonable and strong insurance rates
- Speedy and fair claims approval and adjustment process
- Wide variety of discounts and plans
- Seamless and flexible payment system
- Many lifetime customers, loyalty rewarded
- All communications are done online or over the phone; there are no local representatives of USAA
- Only select government agencies, military members, and their families can avail USAA insurance
- Little scope for policy flexibility
The USAA car insurance has got many positive reviews from its customers. However, one demerit of it is that it is only available to active military individuals, veterans, and their families. Its members say that they are happy with the claims process and customer service of USAA, in addition to its strong financial ratings. Nevertheless, USAA does not have any local agents and does its business over the phone or online.